Termination because of threats against a supervisor
If an employee credibly announces to a colleague that he intends to throw his superior out of the window and that he is about to go on a rampage, this can justify summary dismissal.
The plaintiff had been employed in the accounting department of the defendant city for over 13 years. After an argument with his supervisor, the plaintiff said to his colleague: "I'm going to throw this little runt out of the window. I'm not going to put up with this any longer. I'm about to go on a rampage. I'm telling you, something will happen soon. He lives dangerously, very dangerously." On 28.12.2020, the plaintiff received a termination without notice and, in the alternative, with notice as of 30.06.2021. He filed an action for protection against dismissal against this.
In its decision of 4 November 2021, the Siegburg Labour Court dismissed the action. After hearing the colleague as a witness, it considered the termination without notice to be justified. According to the court, the important reason for the dismissal was that the plaintiff had made statements to his colleague in a serious manner, which included both the announcement of a danger to the life and limb of the superior and the announcement of a rampage. The court was convinced that the plaintiff had meant the threat absolutely seriously. In this case, a prior warning was unnecessary. The employer could not be expected to continue employing the plaintiff until the end of the ordinary notice period.
The decision is not yet final. An appeal against the decision can be lodged with the Cologne Regional Labour Court.
Source: Press release of the Siegburg Labour Court dated 11.01.2022
- Legal Tech Act
- Invalidity of the termination of a tenancy agreement
- Influencer means advertising ?
- Employee must prove illness
- Revocation of a car loan agreement
- Liability of a subsidiary for infringement of competition law?
- Time limitation of an employment
- Price increases for new car
- Termination due to reading and disclosure of data
- Termination because of threats against a supervisor
- Proof of e-mail receipt.
- Termination of Leasing Contract
- EU sanctions targeting Russian citizens.
- Interest on tax demands and refunds at 6% p.a. unconstitutional
- Data owned by employer
- Weakening of tenants' rights
- Right of withdrawal for brokerage contracts
- BFH, ruling of 23 March 2016, IV R 9/14: Investment deduction amount
- Cartel damage
- Right abuse
- Setting a deadline
- Protection of third parties
- Internet sales platform
- Bonus payments
- Formal requirements in general terms and conditions
- Termination of a management employment
- No cosmetic repairs at the apartment despite "renovation agreement"
- Income tax return due to loan default
- ECJ ruling on copyright infrigements on Youtube
- Gift invalid without notarial certification
- Minimum subsistence Germany 2019-2020
- revocability of employment termination agreements
- Cover under legal expenses insurance
- Termination without notice
- Labour law: leave
- Immigration of qualified staff
- Unpaid leave
- Tax law: liability of a foreign company in germany
- Custom law ruling
- Labour law: compensation adjustment for lawyer fees
- Termination without notice
- Tenancy law
- Immediate notice of dismissal
- Damages in case of violation of a jurisdiction agreement
- Corona quarantine: legal aspects
- No termination without notice
- Labour law decisions around Corona
- Dismissal due to Covid 19 quarantine invalid